Tuesday, October 29, 2013

CottageCutz Bear in a Tin Ornament

Hello Papercrafters!  No doubt about it!  I just adore this sweet little Bear!  He is from the Homemade Christmas Gift Set along with that sweet Poinsettia.  I was in the Dollar General the other day perusing the Christmas Ornament isle and came across these vintage tart tins.  They are adorable, so I had to buy a selection of the different colors.  I knew I was going to alter them to my personal taste.
I used watercolor paper to create my bear.  Not only do I love the way it took the distress ink, but I love the texture it has.  It just adds a little "extra" to the attractiveness of the bear.  I also used a nice chunky glitter for his hat and rhinestones for the holly berries.
My bells are from my stash that I had back in my sewing days.  They have to be 20 years old....lol  They were tarnished somewhat.  I just painted them with glue and rolled them around in silver glitter.  I love how they look. 
I just love the Winter Pine Branch die.  It is my go-to die for wispy pine branches this season.  The little snowflakes were punched with a Martha Stewart punch.    Thanks for stopping by today.  I appreciate it.  Happy Crafting!  Here are the dies I used:

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Simply FABULOUS, Carol!! Love the sparkle, the bells, the dies all of it. Totally you :)

Benzi said...

I know you had fun working with the bear, Carol, as it is your signature. It's just adorable. Love the bells all glittered those pine branches are wonderful. Another fine creation!!!

Marisa Job said...

This ornament is adorable!!! Love everything about it!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is so very cute and a great ornament Carol.

gr karin

Sherri said...

This is just adorable. That little bear is a charmer! And I love the chunky glitter on his hat! Just gave it some extra dimension. All together beautiful!

Donna Ellis said...

chuckling here at the adorableness of a beautifully colored little bear nestled in an altered tart tin! Who'da thunk? He is one lucky teddy bear to hibernate the winter in this cute little setting. Your bells look amazing all decked out in glitter (yes, a pun), and pretty ribbon. this is so wonderfully cute, Miss Carol. I love your creations. They always make me sigh with wonder and happiness. xoxox

Cibele Glazer said...

What an adorable ornament! I love all the glitter, especially your glittered jingle bells.

nwilliams6 said...

Ok - I am off to Dollar General today to buy the pie tins before everyone else gets them!!! It is so pretty and your bear is totally adorable!!! Great glitter details, punches, dies, colors - EVERYTHING! Wow. Thanks for steering Crystal on my birthday presents - they are wonderful and I have big plans for them all. They are going to be some of my faves as they come from her but you played a part in them. Fun stuff! Miss ya. Hugz!